A Maori Cultural Experience and Tour – 5 hours
A traditional Maori powhiri/welcoming ceremony awaits your arrival into our home, where you will be connected with our culture and the protocols that we still hold strong to today.
Amazing storytelling and Maori mythology will be shared, participate in the art of traditional weaving, and learn a fun Maori song that you can take home.
You will prepare your own hangi lunch, with a modern day twist. We will leave lunch to cook on red hot rocks whilst you are taken on a journey visiting some of our favourite places around our home Whangarei, where we share the beauty and stories of Aotearoa through our eyes. We will return home to the smell and enticement that you can only get from a Hangi, ready for your enjoyment.
After fulfilling your mind, body and soul, we conclude our day with a traditional whakawatea/farewell before you are returned back to your pick-up point.
This is an unforgettable 5 hour experience from pick up at 9am to drop off at 2pm. Sure to create friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.
- Powhiri – Traditional welcoming ceremony
- Morning tea – Home made maori bread and locally made condiments
- Waiata – Learn a fun Maori song
- Weaving – Make a flower from korari – flax
- Pa Sites and sightseeing – A tour around some of our breathtaking sights of Whangarei where we share the beauty and stories of our area.
- Hakari – Preparing and enjoying your own hangi lunch using all locally grown produce.
- Whakawatea – Traditional farewell
- All meals and beverages are inclusive
$290NZD per person (min 2) Discounts for children, see booking page.
or try a Taste of Tu Tika Tours – 2 hours
If you have limited time here in Whangarei, this tour may be more suitable.
- Kai karanga – Welcoming call
- Whakatau – An introduction and welcome to Whangarei – Te Terenga Paraoa – The Gathering place of the whales.
- Tour – We share the stories of Aotearoa through our eyes whilst visiting some of our special places in Whangarei.
- Waiata – Learn a fun Maori song along the way.
- Whakawatea – Farewell and best wishes
Includes pick-up and drop-off from Whangarei City accommodation or either I-Site visitor information centres.
$95 NZD per person (min 2) Discounts for children, see booking page.
Contact us now! We might be available to pick you up within the hour 09 437 5651 or 021 507 826